Here are some facts about “the land of the midnight sun”.
1. Sweden is often confused with Switzerland. Sweden is NOT Switzerland. It is part of the Nordic Countries which also includes: Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland.
2. Reindeers do not wander about the streets.
3. The capital of Sweden is Stockholm.
4. The second largest city in Sweden is Gothenburg (or Göteborg in Swedish).
5. The Swedish spelling of Sweden is Sverige.
6. Sweden is a member of the European Union but does not use the euro as currency.
7. Sweden’s currency is the Swedish Krona (or crown). SEK or Kr. There are 100 öre in a krona. It’s 1 krona but 2 kronor.